The Castlegar News is reporting that Executive Flight Centre has asked the British Columbia Provincial Court to “stay” the criminal case brought against the company and the provincial government with respect to the Lemon Creek fuel spill. The federal Crown is criminally prosecuting the defendants for violating provisions of the Fisheries Act and the Environmental Management Act that forbid polluting a stream. Executive Flight Centre is now arguing that these criminal proceedings are taking too long to get to trial.
The criminal case is entirely separate from the class action lawsuit that Rosenberg Law is advancing on behalf of the more than 2500 property owners and local residents who were harmed by the fuel spill. The class action was recently certified by the British Columbia Supreme Court and is expected to go to trial in late 2018.
Please visit our Lemon Creek Fuel Spill Class Action page for more information
- Penelakut Tribe successful in BC Court of Appeal
- Defendant found guilty in Lemon Creek fuel spill
- Rosenberg Law and Mi’kmaq in P.E.I. Supreme Court
- Lap-Band Class Action Featured on CTV News
- Yahoo E-Mail Data Breach Class Action Investigation